Friday, June 24, 2011

"Hello. My Name Is Peggy!"

  You know that guy on the
Discover Card commercial who
claims his name is 'Peggy' while
he's telling you your reward points
aren't really worth anything?
 Well I think he's
'moonlighting!'
 My wife got a call from a
similar sounding individual
yesterday. No wait. I take
that back.
 Judging from my wife's
description the 'Peggy' we
see on television seems like
a rocket scientist compared
to the woman who called our
house.
 My wife knew this was going
to be one of those unwelcome
calls when the caller asked
if she was speaking to.....
'Mrs. De Caw, Dess cuss,
and so on!
  I realize our name is
not as easy as 'Smith' or
'Jones.' But the 'De' sort
of speaks for itself. And,as
far as I know 'cosmo' or some
variation thereof can be found
in most every language.
 But let's move on.
 Our 'Peggy' was apparently
trying to market a product
that makes it easy to test
your blood sugar level.
 First, to make sure it was
something we could use, she
asked if my wife had ever been
told she had "Dee-ah-bettus."
 That's the closest she
ever got to the word
'Diabetes." She did, I'm told,
try a number of variations.
 The two then got involved
in a sort of duet as the
caller never stopped talking
while my wife tried to
politely explain she wasn't
interested.
 I think anybody who wants to
have a job should have one.
 And some jobs require less
skill levels than others.
 In those cases the pay level
is undoubtedly pretty low.
 Our Peggy was probably
working for peanuts.
 I think she should be
selling them!
 A couple of blogs ago I
wrote about an area school
district's plans to drop its
Italian language class.
 Seems they've already
dumped English where ever
our 'Peggy' went to school!
 Hope you'll watch your
sugar intake and that all
your NEWS is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment