Friday, February 24, 2012

When You're Smiling......

   I got free stuff today!
   I like free stuff.
   I was visiting my dentist for my
regular 10,000 mile.......I mean 6
month checkup.
   Something was different there.
It took me a couple of minutes to
figure out what it was.
   But it all came to me when I realized
I could hear the music playing through
the office sound system.
It wasn't that the music was so loud.
    It was the fact that the dental assistant
cleaning my teeth was so quiet!
   It was kind of neat in one sense.
   Usually when I'm in the dental chair
both the dental assistant and the dentist
are talking to me throughout the visit.
   In fact, most of the time, they put a
sharp scraping pick and some sort of
a suction hose into my mouth then
ask me things like ...."Where are you
going for vacation"...or...."What do
you think about all this warm weather?"
   I've always found it difficult to
answer questions of any sort while my
tongue is trying to steer clear of sharp
points or little mirrors at the end of
long handles!
   Ultimately the assistant and I did
exchange some pleasantries during
those few seconds after she told me
it was OK to rinse out my mouth.
   My dentist was more talkative.
I especially noted his comments
on the possibility of getting a crown
on a tooth that has a slight crack.
   I pretty much ended that
conversation after hearing the price
which seemed more in line with a
"crown" for royalty from a small
Kingdom!
   Maybe I can just get some Super
Glue in there. I already have a tube
of that.
   But I did get free stuff!
   A new toothbrush, a little tube of
toothpaste, and a small container of
dental floss. I thought that was nice!
   Hope your smile is bright and
that all your NEWS is good!

2 comments:

  1. Well, at least you already have a spare toothbrush and toothpaste so you won't have to buy another once the bristles are worn out. So are you already scheduled for your possible tooth "coronation"?

    Eddie Storms

    ReplyDelete
  2. A dentists giving out free dental stuff to their patients is not something you encounter every day. I wish my dentist is also like that. That way, I don't have to buy a toothbrush in the grocery. Hehe. =)

    - Jane Tinkle

    ReplyDelete