Friday, March 9, 2012

A Mystery At Mystic Pizza!

      Looks like Uncle Sam just got a big slice,
let's make that a big cut, of Mystic Pizza!
      Some of you may remember that name.
      "Mystic Pizza" was the name of a popular
movie back in 1988. It starred Julia Roberts.
       It's the name of an actual restaurant, in
Mystic, Connecticut.
       I like Julia Roberts. I like the movie.
       And I like pizza.
       So, one day a few years back, we decided
to drive to Mystic to get some Mystic Pizza!
       That's not as unusual, at least for my wife
and me, as you might imagine!
        We've often shanghighed two of our
friends to get some great garlic pizza at a place
just outside Port Jervis, New York.
        Driving to Mystic Pizza seemed a little
like driving into the movie.....until we got
there!
        The restaurant was different. That's
because most of the movie was filmed in a
studio, not at Mystic Pizza. And Julia wasn't
there!
       The pizza was good and they did sell
those "Slice Of Heaven" Tee shirts like Julia
wore in the movie/
       I bought one for my wife and our
daughters.
       Now I'm wondering what else is
cooking at Mystic Pizza.
       According to news reports issued
yesterday the U. S Treasury Department has
seized $60,000 from a bank account of the
owners of the restaurant!
      That's a lot of pizza dough!!!!!!!
      The IRS isn't saying anything about the
investigation. I just hope the place isn't in
too much hot sauce because we had hoped
to go back some time.
       I wanted to try the pepperoni (and
maybe see if Julia was taking her shift!)
       Hope you get the toppings you ordered
and that all your NEWS is good!
     

      
      

No comments:

Post a Comment