Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Sharing The Web!

    Verizon has promised to have a
repairman try to restore my telephone
service. As I reported yesterday,
however, he's not expected till
Thursday.
  That will be one day short of a
week since I discovered my dial
tone had vanished!
  I have to depend on my cell phone
(which, by the way, is not very
dependable) to make or receive
daily calls.
  Perhaps more importantly I have
lost home access to the World wide
web.
  So how, you may ask, am I able to
keep up with my Blog? Good question.
  I'm glad you asked!
  I've been using a sort of temporary
office which, with good weather, works
out rather well.
  It's a picnic table just outside
the Pittston Library!
  Fortunately, like most libraries,
Pittston makes the web available to
people who have no access at home.
  For some that's by choice.
  For me it's Verizon's "inaction"
that has me driving there every
evening to check email, Facebook, and
to publish the Blog.
  I'm wondering if I'll be able to
bill Verizon for the mileage?
  Anyhow, my thanks to the Library
for providing this public service
for those of us in need.
  Of course my next session could be
tough! We're expecting rain and I'm
not sure that small tree over the picnic
table will shield me from a downpour!
  If I'm ready early enough I'll move
into Barnes and Noble!
  Hope you're reading this from a
comfortable spot and that all your
NEWS is good!      
 














No comments:

Post a Comment