Friday, April 12, 2013

Standing up is hard to do! (appologies to Neil Sedaka)


   I've had a lot of ups and downs this week!
   But, not to worry, they're all good!
   We attend as many of our grand kids
activities as possible. And there were a couple
this week.
    The first brought us to Holy Redeemer
High School where Grand Parents were
being honored with a Mass.
     The school's auditorium was packed
with grandmas and grandpas as well as
students and faculty members. They made
all of us feel really important and
appreciated. They also made us get up
and down a lot! I wasn't sure just when
to stand and when it was OK to sit back
down but I did alright by just following
the crowd. Some of them must have
made it to rehearsal!
    We only stand to sing and to close
services at our church so I wasn't really
prepared for all the exercise. I suppose,
however, it will do us all good...one way or
another.
     Last night my grand daughter took
part in an installation ceremony for officers
of the Rainbow Girls.
     I learned a little about the duties of those
officers as well as some of the charitable
activities this group has taken on for the
coming year. It was especially nice to see
these girls dressed and acting like young
ladies!
    Of course  I also had to get up and down
a lot again!
    This time I had some advance notice
as the girl in charge rapped a gavel to
signal when to get up and when to sit
back down. Three raps for up. One for
"Sit down."  I like cues!
     Whatever the venue, or the reason,I don't
stand up as well as I used to.  I'm still pretty
good at sitting back down! I'm also better at
falling asleep these days  so it's probably better
to have to stand up from time to time.
      Hope you're all on your toes, when it's
called for, and that all your NEWS is good!



























No comments:

Post a Comment