Saturday, January 25, 2014

The Letter


    It came just in time. Just when I thought I
was lost!
    My wife had left for some volunteer work
at the hospital. TV was filled with re-runs
and I had seen most all of the new movies I
cared to see.
     It was far too cold, and "salty" to bring
my Miata out of hibernation. So, what was
I to do?
     My life long friend saved the day!
     I was delighted to open my mail box and
find his annual "Christmas Letter" waiting to
be read!
     It came a bit late this year because he was
away from home during the holiday. But the
tardiness had no effect of the quality or
quantity data contained in his annual
"missive"...or should I say "dissertation."
    I have written about my buddy before.
He is one of the friendliest people you will
ever meet. And he's truly interested in
people! He'll ask you questions and take
your picture.
    I believe, were he ever confronted by
a robber, he would have the thief's life history
by the time they parted along with his
home address to which he'd send a copy of
the photo he snapped of the guy!
    He sent two of a dozen he took of me
recently along with his letter and the
promise to provide me with the rest when
next we meet!
     I know I've had a successful year if
I've made his annual letter. And I did!
Again! It's like making Time Magazine!
     My friend also has a habit of not
wasting space!
     In addition to the two pages of family
2013 history his letter contains a full page
of photos and a hand written message to
cover any unused portion of the page.
    There's even a hand written note on the
back side of the envelope. Were it not for
the need to have a destination and return
address I suspect he'd use the front as well!
     I don't know how many letters he sends
out each year. I can only tell you that stock
in the Postal service, Bic pens, and printing
paper goes through the roof when he's
spotted in January!
     So, my day was filled, enjoying the
memories provided by a gentleman who
has been my best friend since Grade School!
     Laugh if you will. But anyone would be
lucky to have a lifelong friend who shares
that life in any way possible with you!
     I hope you have one too and that all your
NEWS is good!













































    

1 comment:

  1. I'd about given up on that letter arriving as well. Unlike some who dread the annual "letter", I appreciate the caring time a friend spends,especially when there is the extra effort to add a personal note.

    ReplyDelete