Friday, May 16, 2014

Just A Trim Please!


   When did cutting the grass become so darn
hard?
    Back in the day I'd handle a Push Mower
like no body's business. I even had a part time
job cutting some body's grass.
    I don't remember who is was. I'm not sure
I ever really knew. Just somebody my parents
knew who needed somebody to come by every
so often to cut the grass in their yard.
    My visits were often based more on my need
for a couple bucks then the height of the lawn.
    Anyway I did get experience.
    At our house the old hand powered mower
was quickly replaced with a gas driven unit.
    Eventually though we switched to an
Electric Lawn Mower.
    I believe that transition was made after one
of those ill fated days when the pull cord on
the gas unit failed to do anything but create a
blister between my fingers and one very sore
arm.
    The Electric Mower never failed to start!
    But it did stop rather abruptly one time when
my cutting path took it over the electrical cord!
    It's a bit of a pain tugging and pulling the
cord behind me.
    But the big problem these days is...what NOT
to cut!
    My wife has various varieties of flowers
planted around the place. When they bloom and
look like flowers there's no problem.
     But while they sit there, looking  green, just
like the grass that surrounds them, they look
like fair game!  
      Since they are not, the cutting plan now
includes a guided tour around the yard and
a few admonitions...."Don't cut those. Watch
out around this corner. Look for these plants
that look a little "fuzzy."
      It's no wonder I'm a little "Fuzzy" trying
to avoid the electric cord and little soon- to- be
flowers lurking among the dandelions!
      Hope the Groundhog got the memo and
that all your NEWS is good!




    

No comments:

Post a Comment