Tuesday, February 17, 2015

No Hole In This Holiday!


   Talk about a reason to celebrate!
   This is Pączki Day.
   It's good to be writing about it because
I'm not sure I can pronounce it!
    Pączki are deep-fried pieces of dough
shaped into flattened spheres and filled
with some sort of sweet filling.
    The Polish traditional reason for making
pączki was to use up all the lard, sugar,
eggs and fruit in the house, because their
consumption was forbidden during Lent.
    Tomorrow is Ash Wednesday, the
beginning of Lent, so you're expected to
fill up on pączki today!
    Whatever the reason it seems like a
really good idea to me!
     I'm not sure the boys at Dunkin
Donuts offer pączki on their menu. If
not I'm wondering if a substitute like
Boston Cream would be acceptable?
     Seems to me it's the thought that
counts!
      Hope you chow down on pączki
and that all your NEWS is good!



  
   

No comments:

Post a Comment