Saturday, March 28, 2015

Cat On A Cold Tin Roof!


   Circumstances find me in a literary mood.
   The disappearance of snow in the
neighborhood has resulted in the
reappearance of felines. Of course they
never really left. In fact, they've multiplied.
    We've seen a couple from time to time
throughout the winter.
     But there's a lot more tracks around
now that melting snow and ice has allowed
us to fill up our bird feeders.
     I guess the cats like to watch the birds
eat.
     Maybe that's why they've been looking
for a better vantage point.
      At first we thought the occasional
sounds coming from our roof were made
by tree limbs blowing in the wind. But
they didn't stop when the breeze did!
      Then, yesterday, I caught a glimpse
of something moving on our neighbor's
roof. Seems at least one of cats is
staking out roof tops to either watch
over or pounce on our feathered friends.
     He, or she, or they appear to be
alternating between the top or our house
and our neighbor's roof.
     I wonder if there's a way I can get a
big dog up there?
     My apologizes to Tennessee Williams for
borrowing and altering the title of his famous
play. Hot or cold I'd much rather have a Fiddler
on my roof!
      Hope all your cats are accounted for and
that all your NEWS is good.



    

No comments:

Post a Comment