Saturday, November 7, 2015

Drawing A Blank!

     SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 7TH.

       DRAWING A BLANK!

     I got up at the usual time
yesterday morning. A little earlier
than I might have liked to. But in
time to get my shave and shower
before making my regular Saturday
call to the Coal Country Connections
program on WLSH radio.
     Next, a bite to eat before checking
the day's schedule. And that's when
it hit!
      The calendar square bearing the
date November 7th was empty!!!!!
For months now nearly every date has
had small symbols hand drawn by
my wife. One represented a net for
Volleyball. Another had a goal which
denoted a Soccer game. Others had
small footballs reminding us of
either a Football game or a
cheerleading session. But there was
nothing!
      My wife and I looked at each
other in amazement! We had gone
to a High School Football game just
a few hours earlier...on Friday night.
Maybe we were just too tired and
had forgotten to mark a scheduled
game. We thought about it for a
minute. But we realized there were
no more games. This year anyway!
My grandson will be graduating so
his High School Football days are
done. The other grandkids will be
back on the playing field again....
but not till next season.
       That's not to say there will be
nothing to do. The new schedule
kicks in with a High School Play
in just one week
       As for our suddenly Free day,
we didn't want to quit cold turkey
so we decided to watch the Penn
State game on TV. I think I enjoyed
my grandson's game a little more!
Anyway it was, in a sense, just what
the Doctor ordered. A day to do
basically nothing!
       Hope there's enough space on
next year's calendar and that all your
NEWS is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment