Thursday, August 31, 2017

TAKE TIME TO WAVE!


     FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 1ST., 2017
           TAKE TIME TO WAVE!

    I have to wonder what thoughts were in
our DPW crew members minds when they
saw me aiming my camera at them as they
approached my house to pick up our garbage
Thursday morning. I don't expect too many
people do feature films on garbage collection!
     But that wasn't my intention anyway.
     You see my grandson visits every
Thursday and he loves big trucks!
      Since the crew arrived before he did I
decided to get them on video doing their
thing! They even waved!
       I wasn't surprised. On days when my
grandson was there ahead of the crew they
always took a moment to wave to him and
give a toot or two on the truck horn!
       Later in the day my wife and I took
the little guy to an area playground that
just happens to be near a road where a lot
of big trucks pass by!
       Most of the big rig drivers who spot
him take the time to wave. And a couple
sound their horns as well.
       Those waves and horns only take a
couple seconds. But they make the day
for our little guy and, I think, a lot of
others like him who are thrilled with
the sight and sounds of those big vehicles!
       The drivers, and crew members, are
big guys with big hearts!
        By the way, my grandson spent
about 20 minutes watching me play and
replay the video of our Township
garbage truck, its driver, and workers
as they picked up our trash AND took
the time to wave!
        Thanks guys! Hope all your NEWS
is good!
















     
     

No comments:

Post a Comment