Monday, April 30, 2018

NOT ON MY WATCH!


  TUESDAY, MAY 1ST., 2018
      NOT ON MY WATCH!

   My granddaughter sent me a
text message on Monday. She
needed to be picked up after
school. I asked what time to
which she replied "4:45ish."
    I have noticed that term
being used more and more
frequently  when it comes to
setting the time for various
events.
     When the family gathers
for holiday meals I often hear
my daughter or wife telling
guests we'll get together around
"1ish."
     I don't usually wear a watch
anymore but I still own one. I
just check my Flip phone if I
have need to check the hour.
     But I must report that neither
my wristwatch nor cell phone
have an indicator for "ish."
      It never existed when I was
on the News beat. We gathered
and edited our stories and had to
have them ready on the hour.
There was no 6ish in television!
      I kind of like it when times
are set exactly.
       I guess one advantage is the
fact "ish" can be used in both
the AM and PM and in both
Standard and Daylight Savings
Time.
        OK. That's it for today's
blog. Watch for tomorrow's.
I'll post it around 11ish PM.
         Till the I hope all your
NEWS is goodish!

No comments:

Post a Comment