Tuesday, January 15, 2019

NOTHING TO DO!


  WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 16TH., 2019
               NOTHING TO DO!

   Wait just a minute! Don't get me wrong! My
agenda is full!
   I am simply writing to tell you about another
one of those crazy "holidays" that don't get a
lot of attention.
   You see January 16th is "National Nothing
Day!" It's the one day your teen's complaints
about having nothing to do may be legitimate!
   It was created in 1973 by newspaperman
Harold Pullman Coffin.  Why? I really have
no idea!
   It is generally assumed one observes or
celebrates the day by, well, doing nothing!
Of course if you're still on the job this could
present a problem.
   In the interest of full discloser there are
those (my wife included) who insist I
celebrate this day several times each week,
   Fortunately you do have an option. I'm
guessing Mr. Coffin did not know Donita K.
Paul. Mr. Paul selected January 16th as
"Appreciate A Dragon Day."
    So if you can't get away with doing
nothing  (anything that is) you can spend
the day celebrating "Puff" or any other
dragon you happen to know.
    Being a veteran newsman myself I plan
to follow Mr. Coffin's suggestion and do
nothing! (Again)
    Hope you'll find something to celebrate
even if it's nothing, and that all your NEWS
is good.



No comments:

Post a Comment