Thursday, November 26, 2020

SOME SWEET THOUGHTS!

    FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 27th, 2020

        SOME SWEET THOUGHTS!


   I know it's after Thanksgiving but I've

got some thoughts I feel I must share. A

lot of attention is always given to that huge

Thanksgiving dinner. The turkey, ham,

stuffing, and on and on. I think we should

be paying as much attention to the desserts.

We had all kinds of desserts at our table.

Cakes, cup cakes, pies, and candy. If my

Dad were still around he'd have surveyed

the dessert offerings and said, "Isn't anybody

else having anything/" My favorite is a pie

that's been in our family since I was a kid.

My daughter and granddaughter team up

to make it these days. We call it 'Dad's Pie."

It's simple enough. A gram cracker base 

filled with a mixture of Eagle Brand 

condensed milk and some lemon. It has

been known to add an inch to my waste

before I've actually eaten it. But even

though it comes after the turkey dinner

it's well worth the (wait/weight)! Hope

you had a great Thanksgiving and that

all your NEWS is good! 

No comments:

Post a Comment