Wednesday, August 2, 2023

VACATION MEMORIES!

   THURSDAY, AUGUST 3, 2023

       VACATION MEMORIES!

  Most of you who  follow my daily

posts know I have been continuing my

appendectomy recovery while on our

family vacation in Wildwood, N.J. 

I have been coming here since I was

about 3 years old. Oh I missed a few

years now and then. But it's been a

regular stop every year since 1973

for my own wife and kids and me. I

find it amazing how much things have

stayed the same. And yet, there haved

been changes. I find myself remembering

some of the things that used to be here

that are now gone.  Ironically one of

them was an amusement that  had

customers shooting balls at boats

floating in a little pool. The "game"

was recently moved to an ice cream stand

in Mountain Top, PA. just a few miles

from my home. In its place...a new

Curly Fries stand! I remember when

there were two movie theaters on the\

boardwalk. I found workers reworking

rge facade of the Boardwalk Mall as I

passed. It was one of those two theaters

back in the day. I could still make out

a triangular steel structure that used

to hold the marque. A few blocks

away the marque of the former Strand

theater is still in place although 

the screens inside when dark many

years ago. On the boardwalk the

theaters were only busy on rainy

days. When the sun shone they

were about as empty as they are

now. Vacations are neat. So are

the memories. Hope you enjoy

some of each and that all your NEWS

is good! 

No comments:

Post a Comment