Tuesday, April 16, 2024

MY PART OF THAT HERD!

 


    WEDNESDAY, APRIL 17TH., 2024
            MY PART OF THAT HERD!

   April 17th, for those who didn't already
know, is "Ford Mustang Day!"
    It's the date, back in 1964, when the
first Mustangs first showed up in Ford's
showrooms across the country.
    I had a Mustang in 1968. It was a red
two door hardtop.
    It wasn't exactly the car I was looking
for. I was trading in a used Chevy Impala
convertible with a Corvette engine and a
4-speed Hurst shifter. I probably would
have kept it but my wife-to-be was not
fond of the color. It was lavender.
    I wanted another convertible but I
couldn't afford it and the hardtop was
the next best option with windows that
opened the front and back to the fresh
air.
    It was a pretty good car. The only
problem I had was a break in the
driver's seat after awhile but a welder
fixed it good as new.
    I saw a new Mustang today, I heard
it too! It roared by me several times.
(I kept catching up with it at traffic
lights).
     The straight 6 in my 68 didn't make
that much noise. I'm pretty sure it didn't
burn as much gas either! It wasn't near
as fast as the new one although those
traffic lights seemed to even us out!
      There's another factor. My Mustang
cost about one tenth of what the new
ones are selling for!
       I still like Mustangs and I'd love
to have a new one if someone decides
to make it a gift. If someone does, I'm
ready to saddle up!
       Hope it's a convertible and that
all your NEWS is good!





No comments:

Post a Comment