Sunday, April 20, 2014

Age Discrimination?


    So, once again, I showed up with family
members and about a zillion other people
for an Easter Egg Hunt.
    This one, about the biggest, is organized
every year by members of the Plains Twp.
Lions Club.
     They're the same guys who bring Santa
to town every December and provide bags
of goodies for all the kids who turn out to
welcome him.
     They also put up the town's Christmas
lighting.
      Then there's this Easter Egg Hunt which
draws hundreds of kids and their parents.
      The Easter Bunny himself makes an
appearance as does the Lion mascot for the
club.
       These Club guys must have nothing to
do at home because they're always out doing
things for people in our town.
        Their Easter Egg Hunt, like others
I've attended through the years, has separate
areas in which various age groups search for
the candy  Easter eggs.
         But I have yet to find a field set aside
for MY age group!
         It wouldn't take much. After all there's
far fewer people in my age group than, for
instance, the 3 and 4-year-olds.
         I truly thought it was a case of age
discrimination.
        But, as my grand daughter and I posed
with the Lion for a photo, I learned the truth.
You see, as the Lion, explained, the Easter
Eggs are "hidden" all over the ground.
        In order to gather them you're got to be
able to bend over! Then there's the matter of
getting back up!
        Including a category for my age group
could, therefore, be considered elder abuse!
       Oh well, maybe the Bunny will leave
something in my basket....up on the table!
       Happy Easter everyone and may all your
NEWS be good!































No comments:

Post a Comment