Sunday, April 6, 2014

Riding Shotgun!


   Yesterday was National History Day!
    I like history. Although, for me, a lot of
what is presented as history seems like just
a review of current events!
   My Grand daughter was part of a team
that put together an exhibit for History Day
competition.
   That effort spelled out some of the horrors
involved when animals are used in testing
experiments for all sorts of products.
   I, like her, do not endorse such procedures
when other options are available.
   I might consider making an exception if all
the cats running wild in our neighborhood
and leaving a mess in my yard were involved!
   Anyway, my daughter drove my wife and I
to the competition in her new car.
   I'm not used to being in the passenger seat.
   The last time that happened I had just had
my eyes dilated. My wife was driving. Since
I couldn't see much of anything and I got home
I guess she did good!
    My daughter did just fine too. It was only
automatic reflexes that had my left foot
searching for the brake peddle.
    And with all the fancy instruments on
the dashboard who had time to look at the
road anyway.
    Her vehicle, like many newer make cars,
is equipped with heated seats! Why can't
the Federal Highway Administration make
accessories like that mandatory?! It should
be a law!
     Anyhow, after a pleasant drive, we watched
a lot of great students from throughout the
area show off their imaginative history
projects.
      And my grand daughter's school took an
overall third place its student's efforts!
      All in all a pretty good trip!
      Next year for History week they may take
me in for Show and Tell!
      Hope your seat is warm and that all your
NEWS is good!
    









No comments:

Post a Comment