Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Dog Days


   Those Dog Days of Summer are very
well know. But I look forward to the
Dog Days of Winter!
    Last week one of my Facebook
friends brought up the subject of local
Hot Dog joints. Most every community
has at least one. Many have more than
one!
      There are four Abe's Hot Dogs
grills in the Wilkes-Barre phone
directory! There are two Coney Island
restaurants in Scranton. They are less
then a block apart!
     A few years back I actually did a
weekly TV series featuring some of
northeastern Pennsylvania's popular
hot dog stands. I learned a couple
interesting things.
     First, I never met a hot dog I didn't
like. All of the places I visited had a
good product.
      Secondly, people tend to favor the
hot dog restaurants in their own home
town. The place their Dad's took them
to when they were kids. For me it was
Jimmy's in Hazleton.
       All that thought about hot dogs
left an impact on me. So, yesterday,
after my wife and I took in a movie,
then ran some errands, the subject
turned to dinner.
       I suggested hot dogs!
       I knew all of the places and all
of their features. I also knew which one
was closest and, in our case, that made
it the winner!
       One phone call and 20 minutes
later we were enjoying the Dog Days
of Winter with our "Foot Longs" from
Torony's Giant Hot Dogs!
        Hope I get to the rest of the places
before Spring and that all your NEWS
is good!



    
  
         

No comments:

Post a Comment