Wednesday, July 22, 2015

A Day At The Office

     THURSDAY, JULY 23RD

      My wife and I took advantage
of Wednesday's beautiful weather
and headed out for a picnic.
      After a quick stop at Dunkin
Donut and Subway for sandwiches
to suit our individual tastes we
drove to one of our favorite picnic
places. The Twin Covered Bridges
at Forks, near Bloomsburg.
    Built in the 1800's, and repaired
after several major floods, the
two bridges, not really "twins" by
the way, take visitors back to an
earlier time when life was slower
and more relaxed.
   We found one gentleman already
using one of the picnic benches set
up on the bridges. But he wasn't
eating lunch!
    Using a cellphone and a laptop
computer he was "taking care of
business." I don't have the
slightest idea what his business is.
But if more people were "working"
at a site like this I suspect they'd
never need blood pressure
medication!
    We didn't get too close for fear
we'd break the mood! I don't know
what he does for an office in the
winter. But I wouldn't be surprised
to find him on a quiet beach
somewhere!
     And if he ever decides to quit
I could be lured back to the work
force!
     Hope he takes a break for
lunch....and that all your NEWS
is good!



No comments:

Post a Comment