Friday, May 11, 2018

BACK ON THE TRAIL!


   SATURDAY, MAY 12TH., 2018
         BACK ON THE TRAIL!

    After a long winter (and some spring)
of hiding from the cold my wife and I are
making an effort to begin our walking
regiment again.
     We had built up to about two miles
when the cold weather pretty much
stopped us in our tracks last year.
      We quickly learned that you can't
pick up right where you left off! The
first half mile effort had us both
feeling like we had just come from
the Boston Marathon!
       On Friday we managed a mile
and a half!
       It's hard to believe I was into the
jogging craze back in the 80's. I used
to jog 3 to 5 miles just about every day.
I even did some 10 miles once although
that's because my good buddy who was
suppose to pick me up along my route
got to talking with somebody and showed
up late.
        I was a lot healthier then but a heck
of a lot younger too!
        Our pace is somewhere between
slow and stopped. Bad knees and
asthma slow me down but I have been
able to keep up with my wife....barely.
         I carry a long walking stick
wherever we go. I helps with balance
and is handy to ward off any vicious
creatures that might attack. Like
squirrels and such. I haven't tried
parting any waters with it yet but if
we're caught out on the rain I'll give
it a try.
          Try to let us know if you're
coming up behind us. It takes a few
seconds to get out of the way!
          Hope we see you out there and
that all your NEWS is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment