Saturday, August 7, 2021

FILL HER UP!!

    SUNDAY, AUGUST 8, 2021

            FILL HER UP!

   A lot of you "younger people" get

a chuckle when you hear us "older

folks" talk about the "good old days."

But I can assure you some things were

better back then. An example came to

my mind the other day when I stopped

at a Convenience store to gas up my

car.I decided to clean the windshield

but foud there was no squeegee in the

nearby container. I found one at another

nearby gas pump. But there was no water

in the one. Now let me take you back to

the 50's and 60's when we bought our

gas at a "Service Station!" An attendant

would come to your car, fill you gas tank,

ask if you wanted your oil checked, and

would clean your windshield! He'd give you

a receipt for your purchase if you wanted

one. The gas pumps themselves are

capable of printing a receipt these days.

But more often than not they don't and 

you're forced to get out of your car and

go into the store (where, of course,

they're hoping you'll see something that

attracts your attention and buy it!) And

another thing, the price of a gallon of

gas today would likely have filled my

tank in "the good old days." I rest my

case. Hope you're well and that all

your NEWS is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment