Friday, February 25, 2022

A TOUGH ACT TO FOLLOW!

    SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 26, 2022

       A TOUGH ACT TO FOLLOW!

   

   I've introduced you to a lot of unusual
"holidays" over the years I've been writing
this blog but there's no question in my mind
this one may be hard to swallow!
    February 24th is "International Sword
Swallowers Day!"
    Sword Swallowers Association International
president Dan Meyer first announced the
creation of this special day in 2007. I have to
admit I never knew about the existence of
this Association.
     Nor did I realize February is also
 National Swallowing Disorders Month.
 I am not surprised that people who swallow
 swords could develop a swallowing
 disorder!
      My only suggestion for celebrating the
 day would be to catch a professional sword
 swallowing act. That could be a challenge.
 According to the Association there are less
than a few dozen full-time professional sword
swallowers actively performing around the world
today. Talk about an industry with a lot of
opportunity!
        I've always used a pen which, as you know,
is mightier than the sword. On the other hand
I've never swallowed one. A pen that is. Or
sword!
       I don't suggest you try either. Just have a
donut and we'll call it even! Hope you enjoy
the day and that all your NEWS is good!
     

No comments:

Post a Comment