Monday, July 30, 2012

Danger On The Trail!

  I have, of course, faced danger before.
  Snow and ice storms, gunmen holed up in
a house just at the edge of our camera's
view, fires, and the like.
   Yesterday, however, a truly stood in the
face of danger directly tied to our visit out
west!
   Our tour group was visiting Bryce Canyon
in Utah.
    This "Red Rock" canyon is another of our
country's great National Parks and it's filled
with wonders! This, after all, is where the
deer and the Antelope play!
     I learned about one as I watched my
sister-in-law and other members of our
group leaning over to "sniff" a tree!
     Who would have know these 100-
year-old plus Ponderosa Pines have a scent
much like vanilla as they age?
     But that's not where the danger came in.
     Our vantage points were on dangerously
high cliffs overlooking the trails and rock
formations a thousand feet below!
      A storm was brewing and you are
warned to leave the rim immediately if
you see lighting.
      I, along with some others, were
determined to stay till we were forced
back by the weather or our guide's
timing limitations.
     The wind picked up with several
strong gusts sweeping by our location!
      Still...I remained brave and got my
final few photographs even though, at
any moment, that wind could have
sent my brand new Cowboy Hat
spinning into the colorful abyss far
below!
     Guess the "Code of the West" is in
my blood now!
     Hope you're sitting tall in the saddle
and that all your NEWS is good!













No comments:

Post a Comment