Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Shopping...The Advanced Course!

   My shopping skills have been developing
over the last couple of years!
   That said, Shopping, is still not on the top
of my list of "Favorite Things To do!"
   But, the other day I actually did my first "Solo
Shop"...... for clothes. My assignment......Blue
slacks and some white socks.
    Picking out slacks has always been a big
problem for me. First, I'm big. And, usually,
when I'm looking at the racks that hold slacks
and jeans the sizes always seem to end one
size before what I need!
    Then there's the color issue.
    I'm not color blind! But why is it when I
see blue my wife sees black and when I see
black she sees blue?
    This time I lucked out!
    The blue in question was a light color
and, since it was set out right next to pairs
of black the choice was easy.
    Next you've got to try them on.
    You've got to find the changing room.
    That's usually a closet that looks like it
could fall down or open in spite of the
lock at any time. They are not designed
to build confidence.
     Again, I lucked out! The slacks fit and
the room proved to be secure.
     The search for socks did have me a
bit perplexed.
     Several packages had a size range that
ended at my shoe size while other options
started at that level. I went with the larger
range (in case my feet get bigger!).
    So, like the pilot who flys for himself
for the first time and lands successfully,
I completed my shopping assignment with
flying colors. In this case blue and white!
     Hope you got everything on your list
and that all your NEWS is good!
 






No comments:

Post a Comment