Saturday, November 9, 2013

Man On The Street!

         BLOG FOR SUNDAY, NOV 10TH.
   It was always one of the most challenging tasks
of Television reporting. The "Man on the Street
Interview."
   Basically you'd go to some busy street corner
somewhere and stick a microphone in front
of people passing by to try to get their reaction
to a news story or something happening in
contemporary society.
   People watching at home often ask..."Where do
you come up with those folks you interviewed?"
"Why do so many look like they have no teeth?"
    Well, fact is, it's hard to get anybody to say
anything when there's a camera in their face. So
we usually took anybody willing to talk!
    Maybe it was those memories that drew me to
the two street corner cameras I saw on the first
day of our vacation trip to Branson.
    My wife wanted to into the historic and classic
5 & 10 cent store (though you'd be hard pressed to
find anything for a nickel or a dime).
    I wanted to find out what the "askers" were asking!
    It was, they told me, part of a special documentary
which included people's reactions to Time Sharing
Sales Pitches. And, they asked, did I want to
participate?
    Hey. It was cameras and a microphone! Asking
me if I wanted to join in was like asking Derek
Jeter if he wanted a turn at bat!
    Besides I had a great story to tell about how,
years ago, my wife and I sat through a nearly two
hour Time Share sales pitch and were rewarded
with a "Boom Box" that lasted about two months!
    Asked if I could compare my "Time Share
experience with anything else in my life, I quickly
answered "Yes", Jury Duty! They're both boring and
time consuming! (And, by the way, I served on two
juries in years gone by).
    So here I am, miles and miles from home, still
 making my way on to some one's screen.
    Someone will undoubtedly watch it somewhere
someday, see my interview and ask, "Where did they
get that guy?" At least all of my teeth were showing!
    Now it's into the long crowded halls of that 5 &
10 to see if I can find my wife!
    Hope your Timeshare is paid up and that all your
NEWS is good!



No comments:

Post a Comment