Monday, December 11, 2017

CALL OF THE WILD!


   TUESDAY, DECEMBER 12TH., 2017
                CALL OF THE WILD!

       I had just completed some grocery
shopping at Walmart when I heard the
call of the wild!
        To be perfectly honest it was the
first "bang" that caught my attention. Had
I been thinking properly I probably should
have ducked for cover. The second followed
less than ten seconds later. I didn't bother to
hit the floor because I realized the "bangs"
I heard were exactly that.....something
hitting the floor.
        The foul language that followed
immediately suggested it was items being
thrown to the floor!
         The guy who did the tossing dashed
for the door and his limited assortment of
curses continued.
          I, and a couple other stunned customers
began to wonder what caused the tirade.
          My assumption leads me to believe the
"gentleman" didn't realize the store has
rest rooms and was in such need that he
threw down his would be purchases and
ran as quickly as he could to find facilities
somewhere.
          There's no question he was in a
hurry! He pushed out of the automatic
glass doors with such force he knocked
them off their track. Then he stormed
right pass the Salvation Army Bell
ringer. He did not leave a donation!
He did, however, share his colorful
commentary with the man.
          Fortunately the "Greeter" (now
they're actually receipt checkers) was
able to put the door back in its track and
I left a small donation so the Army's
volunteer wouldn't be too disappointed.
          I, and a lady leaving the store
at the same time, decided to wait on the
sidewalk for a couple minutes just to
make sure we weren't stepping onto the
roadway and into the path of the upset
shopper. We both assumed he'd be
driving away even faster than he
walked out!
         Again, I'm not sure what caused
the commotion. Maybe he forgot his
wallet. Maybe his coupons had expired.
Or maybe he was trying to use the
automatic "Self Check Out system."
          I think he needs to calm down
and, maybe, suck on a bar of Lifebuoy
soap for awhile!
          Hope he has a Merry Christmas
and that all your NEWS is good!
         
       


No comments:

Post a Comment