Friday, September 6, 2019

AH YES, I REMEMBER IT WELL!


   SATURDAY. SEPTEMBER 7TH., 2019

    AH YES, I REMEMBER IT WELL!

   I returned to my old radio home at WILK
yesterday. Sort of. I didn't get my own show.
   Actually I joined the ranks of those who
called in to the Jason Barsky Show.
   I don't make many calls to talk radio primarily
because the talk usually centers on politics. I've
spent all of my broadcasting career trying to be
totally neutral and objective on that subject and
political commentary isn't my thing.
    But Jason wasn't talking politics Friday. He
was talking memories. And I've got lots of
those!
    Specifically he asked listeners to reflect on
their earliest memory! An interesting challenge
for a guy my age!
     And yet, I have a memory that goes back to
the crib! I remember looking out a window and
seeing evergreen trees swaying in the breeze!
     Now, to be totally honest I had no idea what
a window was at the time and certainly could
not have identified the species of trees which
captured my attention. Still, I remember the
sight and it's the first memory I can recall.
      I impressed myself. Especially since I
can't recall what I had for lunch yesterday!
      I think I'll call whats-his-name back
again sometime. If I remember the number!
      Hope you remember to read my blogs
and that all your NEWS is good!
     

No comments:

Post a Comment