Saturday, September 7, 2019

THE TWO I NEVER KNEW!


    SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 8TH., 2019
        THE TWO I NEVER KNEW!

   Whether you know it or not this is a
National Holiday. September 8th., is
"National Grandparent's Day."
    President Jimmy Carter made it
official in 1978. It's always the first
Sunday after Labor Day.
    I have been a grandparent for
21 years and now claim the title of
Grandpa for a total of 6 kids!
    I truly enjoy the role, But I didn't
have a lot of training!
    My grandmother DeCosmo
passed away when I was about three.
    My Grandmother Singley passed
when I was in 4th grade.
    But I never knew either of my
Grandpa's! Both of them passed away
before I was born.
     I think that's part of the reason I
have spent every available minute I
could with my grand kids.
      I want to make sure they have a
grandpa to remember.  And I'd like to
believe the two I never knew would
be proud of me for being the grandpa
they couldn't be for me.
        It's not always easy. My wife and
I have often found ourselves running
from one school or tow to another to
be there when the grand children are
involved in sports or special activities.
        I spend more time on the floor
with my 4-year-old grandson playing
with trains and toy cars than I did
with my friends when I was 4!
       But it's much harder to get back
up these days!
      That said, it's worth every minute!
      Hope you've got pleasant memories
with your grand parents and are making
some with your own grand-kids!
      Happy Grandparents Day and may
all your NEWS be good!

No comments:

Post a Comment