Saturday, September 28, 2019

OUR SUNDAY DRIVE.


     SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 29TH., 2019
              OUR SUNDAY DRIVE.

      It's Sunday again and, chances are, my
wife and I will spend at least part of the
day enjoying a ride somewhere.
      Our travels have never been restricted
to Sundays but during our working years
that was the day most often available.
      One in particular comes to mind.
      It was a pleasant day with the
leaves beginning to show off their fall
colors. Pretty much like this week.
     I'm pretty sure I had the top down
for at least part of the drive which
took us into Sullivan County. But I didn't
have my Miata!
      That convertible was a 1965 Chevy
Impala with a Corvette engine! Plenty
of horsepower to handle the mountain
roads that weaved their way to World's
End State Park!
       The date was Sunday, September
29th., 1968 and I remember it pretty
well because that's the day, 51 years
ago, when Leona and I got engaged!
        The car is long gone but we're
still going strong!
        Pretty good Sunday drive for me!
Hope all your NEWS is good!    
   

No comments:

Post a Comment