Wednesday, June 2, 2021

STRING EM' UP!

    THURSDAY, JUNE 3, 2021

        STRING EM' UP!

   Don't panic. I'm not writing about

a lynching today. But, you could call

it a hanging! This is "International

Clothes Line Week." It's an effort

to get more people to use nature rather

than power to dry their clothes. I've

addressed this subject in previous blogs

but it's worth revisiting!  I remember the

back yard clothes line very well. But

sometime over the years housing

developments of various kinds decided

it didn't look good to have laundry hanging

outside your home. So, they banned

clotheslines! I remember seeing laundry

hanging from the windows of homes in

Italy. It didn't offend me in the least.

I still see clothes lines from time to time

but they're usually at homes out in the

country. In most communities the clothesline

has gone the way of the burn barrel. How

ironic that's the case at a time we're pushing

for conservation and more "living green."

Hope the clothesline makes a comeback

and that all your NEWS is good! 



No comments:

Post a Comment