Saturday, February 3, 2024

KID'S STORIES!

    SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 4, 2024

             KID'S STORIES!

   This is "Children's Author's and

Illustrator's Day." However it's not

about kids who write and draw their

own stories. It's a day to honor those

who write and illustrate stories you've

probably read to your children a hundred

times. Stories like "The Little Engine

That Could." In all modesty, however,

I must tell you that I have written a

number of children's stories based on

my mythical character "Prince Claude."

He's a not especially bright prince who

gets into trouble with almost everything

he does. He was born many years ago

when our granddaughter Jenna asked

me to tell her a story while we were

sitting in my car. I came up with a

tarn about a princess who falls into a

well. Prince Claude happens by and

tries to offer assistance, such as throwing

rocks into the well so she can use them to

climb out. Unfortunately he neglects to

tell her he's throwing the rocks which

now leaves her stuck in the well with a

sore toe. His other efforts end in similar

results. When Jenna asked me to tell the

story again a couple weeks later I had

forgotten  some of it. She filled in the

missing pieces and I began writing the

stories on paper. By the way she provided

the first illustration all those years ago.

Many more "Prince Claude stories"

have followed. My says I come by

them easy. She says the character is

based on me! I'll have to think about

that. So a salute today to those who

write and illustrate children's stories.

Hope all their NEWS is good.



No comments:

Post a Comment