Wednesday, November 1, 2023

A FINE FEATHERED FRIEND or FEAST?

    THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 2, 2023

A FINE FEATHERED FRIEND or FEAST?

    I just discovered that November is "Adopt

a Turkey Month!" It actually spans November

and December. It seems there's an

organization called Farm Sanctuary that is

encouraging people to "rescue" turkeys

rather than eating them. I've heard of

rescue agencies before but they usually

involve efforts to save abused or

abandoned cats or dogs. This one

encourages people to rescue or adopt

turkeys. I've seen rescued dogs in

homes of out for a walk with their

new owners. I must admit I've never

seen anyone walking with a turkey on

a leash. I guess I can understand

the sympathy some may have for

a bird headed for Thanksgiving

dinner. But I must admit I look

forward to having a turkey on our

holiday menu. So, thanks to my

wife, we have a turkey in our yard.

It's not real but we like having it

there. This way we can have our

turkey and eat it too! You'll have 

to decide for yourself. Hope all

your NEWS is good!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment