Monday, November 27, 2023

WHY I MISSED THE HUNT!

 



   TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 28TH., 2023
         WHY I MISSED THE HUNT!

    While thousands of my fellow males\and
a lot of women enjoyed a day in the beautiful,
though cold and rainy, forests of Pennsylvania
on the first day of deer hunting season I found
myself otherwise occupied.
      I missed the hunt. But I have several
good reasons!
      First, the call never came! What call
you may ask? I'm glad you did.
      On Sunday I and several members
of our family attended the annual Pancake
and Sausage dinner at the Fire Company in
Unityville. In addition to the great meal
the volunteers hold their annual raffle.
      The first three prizes were firearms
of various sorts. I didn't recognize the
makes or specifics. I figured they'd fill me
in when they called to tell me which I
had won. Imagine my surprise when no
one called! I know I wrote my number
very clearly!
       So, obliviously, I couldn't go hunting
because I had no gun! I don't think you're
allowed to throw rocks at the bucks.
        Admittedly there were other reasons.
I wasn't fond of the idea of sitting or
standing out in the cold all day. 
Then there is the fact I don't have
a license. That played into it as well!
         If I had won one of those neat
weapons it would have been a different
story. I would have spent the day inside
bragging about me finally winning
something.
          I have never been a hunter. Even
back in the days when I used to teach
Archery!
          But hunters please note, although
I do not hunt I do enjoy a good venison
steak! Let me know if you need my
address!
           Hope you're all dry by now and
that all your NEWS is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment