Wednesday, December 11, 2019

LOST AND FOUND!


    THURSDAY, DECEMBER 12TH., 2019
                 LOST AND FOUND!

    My grandson handed my wife one of his
slippers yesterday. I saw the other when we
returned from dinner and asked where the
one he handed her was? My wife couldn't
remember, It was, for about 15 minutes,
lost.
     I should not have been surprised.
December 12th is "National Lost Day!"
    Seems the likelihood of losing stuff
goes up every winter and usually peaks
in December.
      The average person spends 10 minutes
a day looking for something they're lost
or "misplaced." That's more than an hour
each week and over two days each year!
        1.24 items are lost permanently by
the average person each year. What the
.24 items are I have no idea!
        Keys top the list and I can attest
for that. In my case, however, I usually
don't lost my keys so much as can't
remember which pocket I've put them
in. Still, it take time to find the right
keys in the right pocket and, added up,
that's a lot of lost time!
         Surprising, to me anyway, is the
fact that most items are "lost" between
9pm and 2am. I'm almost always on
the couch during those hours so
anything I'd lost would likely be
right there under the cushions,
         Anyway, fore warned is fore
armed so let's all write ourselves a
note to be extra careful with keys,
and cell phones and everything
else this month!
         Now, where did I put that
pen? Hope all your NEWS is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment