Monday, August 16, 2021

GENTELMEN, START YOUR ENGINES!

         TUESDAY, AUGUST 17, 2021

GENTELMEN, START YOUR ENGINES!

   I saw a story on television the other night

about self driving tractor trailer trucks! They've

been experimenting with self driving cars for

several years now. Personally I prefer to do my

own driving. But it's so amazing how far car

technology has come over the years! You

probably have a car with key-less entry. 

Certainly power steering and power breaks.

Maybe even a back up camera and GPS unit.

You probably even have a device that shows

you the temperature! I mention all this because

one of the greatest inventions in automobile

technology was patented on this very day in

1891. It was the electric starter! Prior to its

invention you literally had to turn a crank to

start your car motor. These days you can do that

from your porch with a remote control car

starter. I like that kind of technology. But I

still want to press that button all by myself!

Hope you're still driving yourself and that

all your NEWS is good! 

No comments:

Post a Comment