Tuesday, October 4, 2022

RHYME AND READ!

     WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 5, 2022

                RHYME AND READ!

   It's October 5th. That means this is

"Random Acts of Poetry Day!" It is

observed annually on the first Wednesday

in October. It's a day when people are.

encouraged to come up with their own

poems at random and share them with 

others. It gives me an excuse to read one

of my own poems that I wrote awhile 

back. It's about the thousands of pictures

I've been taking through the years, I call it

       "The Stories My Pictures Tell!

       I find myself looking at photos

   of times that I call "used-to-bes."

   They carry me back to days now long gone.

   And revive loving memories.


   Some that I see show small children.

   That now stand much taller that I.

   Some are of family no longer around

   that may well bring a tear to my eye.


   All make a treasure more precious than gold. 

   But don't lock it away in some case!

   They're meant to be shared and meant to be seen

   So those memories cannot be erased.


    Take new ones whenever the chance comes along.

    So that someday when "this time" is old,

    Others may look at the memories you've shared,

    And learn from the stories you've told.   


    My photos will be here long after I'm gone.

    Please look at them once in awhile.  

    Remember the Love that went into each one.

    Then remember me too, with a smile!   


     That's it! Hope you like it and will enjoy

a poem or two of your own today. I also hope

you're well and that all your NEWS is good!  

No comments:

Post a Comment