Thursday, February 29, 2024

CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW?

 FRIDAY, MARCH 1, 2024

CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW?

   Welcome to March my friends. And

this first week of March is also

"Hearing Awareness Week!" Millions

of people around the world suffer

from hearing loss problems! In

Australia 1 out of every 6 people

has a hearing problem. In my house

it's one out of two. And I'm the one!

Toi compound the problem, my wife

speaks softly. The phrase most often

uttered here, by me, is..."What!?"

I purchased some inexpensive

hearing aids a year or two ago. The

best ones are super expensive so I

went the cheap route. And mine are

worth every penny! They bring up

the background sounds. So if I'm

in church trying to listen to the

pastor I hear the motor noise of the

fan just above me at about the same

level as he's coming in! When I first

got my hearing aids they actually

impeded my hearing! The little

rubber tip got stuck in my ear

and I heard less than usual. Fortunately

that happened on a day my wife was

telling me what she wanted me to do

so I never heard the instructions! I

cam up with a solution! I told my

wife to write down what she's saying.

Sort of like having Closed Caption on

your television show. Here's a copy

of her first note........"YOU ARE A

NUT."  Maybe I can try turning up

the volume on my hearing aids?!

Hope you "hear" what I'm saying

and that all your NEWS is good! 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment