Friday, September 21, 2018

AUTUMN!


   SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 22ND., 2018
                        AUTUMN!

     Autumn was scheduled to show up at
9:54pm EDT today, September 22nd. But,
apparently, it was anxious to get here!
     I was totally prepared to drain the
last few hours out of summer as my wife
and I turned our house over to Karl and
headed out to visit our friend at his family's
cottage in Maine.
      We had the trunk of the Miata cleared
and we were ready to put the luggage in and
the top down. Then I saw the clouds, felt the
breeze, and read the forecast! I closed the
trunk, covered the car and moved everything
to our sedan for the trip.
      My wife, with the same initial optimism,
had already packed several pair of shorts and
T shirts for me. They will likely stay packed
while my traveling blue jeans will have to
last through the week.
       We made it into New Hampshire Friday
and Fall is in the air here as well. The leaves
haven't changed as yet but there are signs of
color beginning to show up on trees here and
there. The cloudy weather forecast for our
destination also features one sunny day with
high temperatures in the mid 50's!!!!!!
         Since we'll be on an island off the coast
that may truly seem like a warm spell.
          Those 4 Geese that buzzed my house
last week may have been trying to tell me
something.
           Hope Indian Summer comes as
quickly and that all your NEWS is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment