Tuesday, September 11, 2018

THE TRACKER!


   WEDNESDAY. SEPTEMBER 12TH., 2018
                    THE TRACKER!

    I was always impressed, watching those old
cowboy movies, seeing the guy get down off
his horse to check the dirt or a recently burned
campfire. He'd look carefully then report that
the person or people his posse was after were
riding three horses and were just a half hour
ahead! He was the Tracker!
     Some hunters are pretty good trackers
these day but you'd be hard pressed to beat
the U.S. Postal Service when it comes to
tracking something down. Of course it's
the Postal Service that's carrying the stuff
you're looking for!
      I mailed a package to a good friend in
New York State Monday. My buddy lives
about 4 hours north of me but I didn't have
time to make the trip.
       When I paid the folks at the Post Office
they have me a receipt which included a
Tracking number so I could follow my
package's journey to the Empire State.
The trip confused my just a bit.
         The last time I looked upstate
New York is due north of Pittston where
I mailed the package. But my mail went
south, to a distribution center in
Philadelphia. Only after it was processed
there did it begin it's trip to New York
and it's destination there was in Rochester,
due east of my friend's house! Well at
least, at last check, it's in the right state!
         I was under the impression those
Zip Code numbers we all started using
years back were designed to designate
specific destinations for our cards, letters,
and packages. Maybe it's just me but I
think an item headed for New York
should go directly to a distribution
center in that state.
        One before I sent something to
that same area that made a stop, for
whatever reason, in Texas!
        It's still pretty good service. My
buddy should get the package I sent,
according to the Tracking information,
by 8pm Thursday.
       Just hope there's not another
stop, in another state, before it
gets to his mail box...….and that all
your NEWS is good.  

No comments:

Post a Comment