Thursday, September 13, 2018

COMMUNITY PROPERTY?


       FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 14TH., 2018
            COMMUNITY PROPERTY?

    I'm facing a bit of a dilemma!
    A few years ago, more than I can
remember, our neighbor across the
street planted what he thought was a
shade tree. Turns out it was a Pear
tree.
     As the years rolled by the tree
got bigger and it began to produce
some very nice pears. There were
two good things about that. First
there were plenty of pears. Second,
our neighbor didn't like pears!
     Much of the harvest ended up on
my table!
     Then our neighbor moved and sold
his place. Fortunately the next tenant
graciously invited us to take as many
pears as we wanted. I took a lot!
      That neighbor was replaced by a
young family just after last year's pears
were gone for the season.
       I've been wondering what the new
folk's pear policy would be since the
crop seems especially large this year.
       But the place is suddenly vacant.
It looks as though there may be a
dispute over rent or something else.
I don't now if someone else will be
moving in or if it will remain empty
for awhile.
       Wanting to keep the place as
neat as possible in the meantime I
have picked up a few of the pears
that fell from the tree. Of course I
guess I did "assist" that fall by bumping
the tree a couple times. Accidentally of
course!
       The tree is sort of on its own for
the time being and, since it's in my
community, I look at it as community
property!
        Hope nobody moves in soon, and
that all your NEWS is good!
       

1 comment: