Saturday, September 1, 2018

WE ARE....NERVOUS!


  SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 2ND., 2018
           WE ARE....NERVOUS!

    I couldn't watch the Penn State game
Saturday. It wasn't the tension, thought
there was plenty of that. It was the fact
that we switched to a basic cable
package earlier this year and we no
longer receive the channel that carries
the Nittany Lions.
     There's a paid option available on
my laptop but I haven't gotten around
to checking the price to see if it's
affordable.
      Instead I tuned in the game on the
radio where the announcers did a great
job in getting me to climb the walls as
the action back and forth was constant.
     We haven't always been big college
football fans, I'd check the scores when
I got a chance but never really got into
the games.
      That changed when we hosted a tour
to Ireland a couple years ago to see
Penn State play Florida in Dublin. We
got caught up in the excitement and
fanfare especially when the Lions
pulled out a win in the last 12 seconds
or so.
       We've seen a lot of those last
minute wins since then and,though
I don't like seeing blow outs,it's always
nerve wracking to hold your breath
through the final 60 seconds of
play!
       Hope they win early next week
and that all your NEWS is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment