Friday, November 9, 2018

FRIDAY NIGHT AT THE MOVIES!


   SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 10TH., 2018
      FRIDAY NIGHT AT THE MOVIES!

     My wife couldn't make last Tuesday's
$5 (well now it's $5.50) movie day so I
went by myself. It was a good chance to
see an action packed military movie as
opposed to the comedy or romance features
we usually see.
      I even ran into a old friend and colleague
(Bill Longworth) who happen to be just two
seats away. He were able to chat a bit and
he didn't take any of my pop corn!
      Of course by the time I bought that
pop corn and a soft drink that "bargain
movie price" wasn't that much of a bargain.
      Things worked out a bit better on
Friday night. One a month during the
Fall and Winter seasons our church offers
a "Dinner and a Movie Night." The screen
isn't as big as the one at the multiplex but
the movie was great and instead of pop corn
we enjoyed salad, pasta, meatballs, and your
choice of about 7 different deserts! All for
an admission donation of three bucks! And,
by the way. nobody has ever been turned
away that didn't have three dollars!
       Now there's a real deal and had anybody
wanted popcorn after all that food I'm sure we
could have come up with some.
       Maybe I should tell Bill about this!
       Hope we get a good "shoot 'em up" next
and that all your NEWS is good!







     




No comments:

Post a Comment