Wednesday, November 7, 2018

HELLOS AND HANDOUTS!


      WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 7TH., 2018
             HELLOS AND HANDOUTS!

 
  I don't know what happened! I'm at a loss. And
I don't even know what I can show you since there's
absolutely no photographic evidence!
   Only one political worker was at my polling place
 as I walked in to vote!  I'm thinking, perhaps, the
candidates used the money they might have given
these "poll people" to pay their phone bills!
   It must have been terribly expensive to hire all
those actors just to call my house in support of
their candidacy! They may have called your house
too. Probably long distance!
   I didn't really miss the people all that much.
   I was just surprised not to see them!
   I used to thank them for the "'Candidate Cards"
they handed out.
   I never let them  influence my voting. But they often
came in handy to write short reminders to myself if I
found myself without a note pad.
   There was a time when you used to get some
pretty neat bribes.....I mean.....trinkets.....from the
people who greeted you outside the polling places.
    You could usually count on getting at least one
pen or pencil.     Occasionally some one might hand
out a ruler! This year the best I could do was a small
rubber duckie handed out by a candidate a couple
weeks ago.
    Ironically I saw more people inside the polling
place than I've seen in a very long time.
    All those people and no one to try to influence
their vote at the very last minute!     I guess, like the
song says, the times they are changing.
    Instead of a new pencil we got a call from the
President on Monday. He sounded pretty mad and
I didn't get a chance to actually say anything to him.
    We also got a couple political calls Tuesday
evening but even if we were impressed, and we
weren't, we had cast our ballots about 6 hours
before the calls came in! Maybe those candidates
forgot to adjust their clocks last weekend.
     Hope you came away from the voting booth
with something......satisfaction at least.....and that
all your NEWS is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment