Thursday, November 1, 2018

SHED-ING A TEAR!


    FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 2ND., 2018
              SHED-ING A TEAR!


     My wife made a freighting discovery
when she went to the shed to pull out our
Halloween decorations a few weeks ago.
Somewhere between the post hurricane rains
and the usual terrible downpours that
highlighted our summer shingles had torn
lose allowing a generous amount of water
get inside. The result was several ruined
walls and some damaged belongings.
      Needing the storage space desperately
we contacted a really good roofing guy, Adam
Verdekal of A.J.V. Roofing, who came up
without delay, checked the problem, and gave
us a fair estimate to make repairs.
      He also offered to haul away the damaged
items. Anytime my wife senses the opportunity
to thrown something out it means somethings
are going to be tossed! She had something
else going for her Thursday, I was watching
my 3-year-old grandson and didn't have a lot
of time to review the laundry list of "disposable
items" she had selected.
       I did give the OK to our old bowling balls.
They served us well over the years but the cases
fell victim to that leaky roof and we haven't
done any serious bowling for probably 30 years
or so.
        Several boxes of old VHS tapes were
destined for the scrap yards too. I had dubbed
most if not all of them onto dvd's over the last
couple years and going through them one by
one would have taken a day just to read the
labels! Still, I worry that I may have thrown
out something I really would have wanted
to save if I knew it was there.
        There was a "donut spare tire" for my
Miata. But it had no tread and I have a good
one in the car anyway.
         I have no idea what else got chucked
before I had any input. That's probably a
good thing.....I guess. I'd likely kept just
about everything...."just in case." It's better
I don't know.
         Hope the roof on our other shed is OK
and that all your NEWS is good!






1 comment:

  1. Youre so cool! I dont suppose Ive read something like this before. So good to find someone with some authentic thoughts on this subject. realy thanks for starting this up. this website is something that's wanted on the net, somebody with a little bit originality. useful job for bringing something new to the web! online gambling

    ReplyDelete