Monday, July 25, 2022

THE OTHER RELATIVES!

    TUESDAY, JULY 26, 2022

    THE OTHER RELATIVES!

  I don't know where all these special

"holidays" are coming from! I mean,

Mother's Day has been around for many

years and I believe Father's Day came along

not long after. But I don't ever remember a

Children's Day or Grandparent's Day when

I was growing up. And then there's today!

July 26th which, I'm told, is Aunts and

Uncles Day! You know, your parent's

brothers and sisters. I remember my aunts

and uncles very well although they're all

gone now. One of my uncles on my Mom's

side of the family used to take me fishing

with his son, my cousin. I remember

getting  a brand new fishing rob from S&H

Green Stamps. My uncle and cousin were

catching fish and I got nothing. My uncle said

my pole was "too bright" and cut down a limb

from a tree. He tied a line to that and, presto!,

I started catching fish! Then there were the aunts

on my Dad's side of the family. Typical Italian

aunts. The are probably responsible for 80% of

the weight I gained between 6 and 16 years-old.

You did not leave their house without eating

something! Didn't matter if you were hungry

or not! Fond memories. Now, I'm an uncle 

(with little chance of ever becoming an aunt) and

wondering how I may be remembered! So, let's

salute all our aunts and uncles on this special

day and treasure them or their memories! Hope

you're well and that all your NEWS is good! 

No comments:

Post a Comment