Tuesday, July 12, 2022

TOUGH TO BE CHEERFUL!

       WEDNESDAY, JULY 13, 2022

       TOUGH TO BE CHEERFUL!

    The Bible tells us to be a cheerful

giver. But there are times when that's a

tough assignment! My wife was getting rid

of junk and other items no longer used but

taking up space at our house. We hired a

firm to haul things away but I held on to

one item. It was a Child's ATV. Battery

powered. Our grandson had outgrown it

and the battery needed replacement. I

though about selling it through Facebook

Market Place and several local on line

sales outlets. Then I decided to just

give it away in the hope some young kid

out there could enjoy it. I got several immediate

repkies including one from a gentelman who

was as certain as certain could be. I gave

him directions and exchanged messages with

him for two full days. Always an excuse as to

why he didn't show up. He said he was newly

married and the wife had thinsg for him to do

that held him back. After the second day and

4th excuse I re-advertised. Again. several

quick responses including one from a woman

in Scranton who just had to have it. It's yours,

I said, and gave her directions. The plan was

to come at night so she could make use of

her friend's van. When she didn't shw by 11

I send a message aasking about her status.

She said she had a breakmdown half way

to my house and was waiting for Triple A

to come to her aid. I said that wasn't a

problem and could pick the ATV up in the

morning oif she'd just give me an approximate

time. That was the first of about 5 unanswered

message I sent to her/ She seems to have

disappeared! The following day a little

boy who lives not far away was walking by

our house with his mother or grandmother.

He spotted the ATV, and ran to it just to sit

on the unit. I told the woman it needed a

battery but, if he wanted it, it was his. Last

I saw she was pushing hi, on the ATV 

down the street. I was pretty cheerful at

that point. And even more when I got a

huge smile and loud "Thank you!!"

Hope you;re well and that all your NEWS

is good!



No comments:

Post a Comment