Tuesday, May 2, 2023

CLASSICS FOR THE KIDS!

   WEDNESDAY, MAY 3, 2023

    CLASSICS FOR THE KIDS!

 This week is "Children's Book Week!"

I should point out there's another in

November too. It may surprise you

to know it is the longest running

literacy initiative in the country

having been started in 1919! It's an

effort to get kids involved in reading

at schools, libraries, and at home

and encourages adults to partner with

the children by reading to and with 

them. It's time to pull out the old

classics like the Little Red Caboose

and the Little Engine that Could. I

have a small collection of children's

books that I share with our grandkids.

I've alls written some kids stories

featuring a character I call Prince

Claude. A bumbling monarch who

goofs up everything he does and

makes a mess of things. Of course

my wife is convinced those stories

are actually my autobiography!

Hope you and your kids or

grandkids will do some reading

and that all your NEWS is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment