Monday, May 15, 2023

THAT'S THE TICKET?

   TUESDAY, MAY 16, 2023\

     THAT'S THE TICKET?

  It's Tuesday, May 16th and around

these parts that means it's Primary

election day! A lot of people (far

too few unfortunately) will be headed

to the polls today to cast their ballot.

I will not be among them. It's not

that I don't endorse the election

process. Quite the contrary! In fact

I voted about two weeks ago. Since

my wife and I are often on the move,

sometimes at short notice, we really

appreciate the opportunity to vote by

mail! No trying to beat the lines at

our polling place or trying to find

a time of the day when the polling

place isn't busy. I must admitt,

however, after taking a look at the

sample ballot from out own district

I was amazed to see how few of

the candidates I actually knew

anything about. That's often the case

in a local primary like this one. All

offices are important but it's hard

to make a choice when you know little

or nothing about the candidate. Of

course there are a few names I know

who I'd rather not see in office. And

one of them is  mine! Please....NO 

write in votes for me!!!!! If

nominated I will not run and if

elected I will not serve! Hope you

take time to vote and that all your

NEWS is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment