Wednesday, November 30, 2022

AN APPLE A DAY!

  THURSDAY, DECEMBER 1, 2022

              AN APPLE A DAY!

    It's December first everybody and

this is "Eat a red apple Day!"  I suppose

any color apple will actually do. December

first was selected for this unusual "holiday"

to counter the vast amounts of sweets that

confront us from Thanksgiving through

New Year's Day. There's the after

Thanksgiving feast pies. Then the candy

canes and other sweets so associated with

Christmas. Apples are good for us. They're

nutritious and you can eat them anywhere.

Even on a nice walk. I love apples and

try to keep a supply on hand. There

are thousands of varieties.  I don't know

all of their names although I know I've

had Red Delicious and Cortland

recently. I also haven't yet figured

out how they grow apples with those

little stickers on them. Must be some

special kind of seed. Anyway, enjoy an

apple today, reed or otherwise, and I

hope all your NEWS is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment